You are hereHome >
In the news
MASSPIRG is out with a release today stating that a potential increase in interest rates for federal student loans could cost Massachusetts students $160 million a year. According to MASSPIRG, the average student who takes out student loans graduates with over $25,000 in debt on those loans. On average, doubling the interest rate would add about $1,000 for every year a student takes out a loan, MASSPIRG stated.
- Transparency is fundamental to a thriving, participatory democracy.
- Staunching the flow of special interest money in our elections.
- Campaigning for more investment in transportation across the Commonwealth.
- Looking out for consumers, from bank fees to toxic toys.
- Working to shut down Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station.
The overuse of antibiotics on factory farms is threatening these lifesaving antibiotics. Call on the Obama administration to put an end to the worst practices.
Your donation supports MASSPIRG’s work to stand up for consumers on the issues that matter, especially when powerful interests are blocking progress.